Build a centralized, enterprisewide system for managing the development of their drug pipeline — the Information Management System (IMS).
Eliminate the 30-plus systems inherited from early, "entrepreneurial" days.
Change the corporate culture:
- Abandon silos, and adopt integrated information approach
- Implement information standards
- Implement a common nomenclature
- Integrate the interactive voice response system for clinical trial patient randomization and the financial accounting system (uses Costpoint software) into IMS
- Develop online budgeting and forecasting using OLAP (online analytical processing), and integrate it with accounting and human resources systems
- Build document management and electronic publishing system for drug applications
Back to Breaking Down Silos and Busting Bottlenecks