Bio-ITWorld.com, Weekly Update newsletter and News Bulletins cover the application of
informatics, IT and computer science in biomedical research and drug discovery. As the life
sciences become an increasingly quantitative discipline, Bio-IT World provides topical news
coverage and analysis of cutting-edge technologies to handle the data deluge in petascale
computing and the tools to deliver individualized medicine.
Areas of regular coverage:
- Next-generation sequencing, consumer genomics,
personalized medicine, patient stratification
- IT infrastructure: cloud computing, high‑performance
- Discovery informatics: collection, analysis and workflows
of compound, microarray, proteomic, imaging, pre-clinical
and clinical data
- Computational modeling: biosimulations of pathways,
drug action, clinical data
- Systems biology: gene, protein, metabolite and network/
- Cheminformatics: structure-based drug design
- Compound characterization: mechanisms, pathway
- Predictiveness: in vitro assays, biomarkers, animal models
- Correlation of biological data: disease diagnosis, patient
selection, drug response
- Target data: biological, pathway, interaction, patent, family
- Text mining: internal documents and published literature
- Semantic web: next-generation data sharing, social networking
- Clinical Trials: electronic data capture, trial design, trends,
Recurring Features and Columns
First Base: Bio-IT World editorial column.
Inside the Box: The BioTeam covers life science IT integration, computation, and informatics.
Skeptical Outsider: Bill Frezza, a Fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute and a Bostonbased venture capitalist, critiques drug discovery with an outsider’s perspective.
News and Product Briefs: A monthly roundup of new products and news briefs in the life sciences.
View Editorial Calendar