South San Francisco
The individual will be responsible for the analysis of complex genomics data sets, the design of experiments and statistical analyses. S/he should be familiar with leading edge platforms and technologies and be driven to develop new bioinformatics methods. These contributions will extend from early diagnostic feasibility studies to marker identification and classifier training, through methods development and clinical feasibility studies and, ultimately, to large scale clinical validation studies. A Ph.D. in Statistics or Biostatistics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or Computational Biology (or comparable demonstrated technical ability) with 5-7 years of applicable professional experience is necessary. In addition you will bring the following expertise with you:
* Algorithm development, machine-learning and classification
* Use of R (including Bioconductor) for array and next generation sequencing data analysis and visualization
* Working knowledge of multivariate statistical analysis methods including general linear models.
* Experience in analyzing the results from next generation sequencing experiments desired.
* Familiarity with the Linux operating system, database design and SQL desired.
Veracyte is pioneering molecular cytology; we are dedicated to helping people avoid unnecessary invasive procedures just to get a diagnosis and to reducing healthcare costs at the same time. We use rigorous science to unlock genomic answers from tiny numbers of cells obtained through minimally invasive methods. We launched our first product the Afirma® Thyroid FNA Analysis, with a genomic test at its core, in record time.