- Jan 15 | Bio-IT World | Oxford Nanopore Technologies and NVIDIA announced a collaboration this week to integrate the NVIDIA DGX Station A100 into Oxford Nanopore’s ultra-high throughput sequencing system, PromethION. Partnering the NVIDIA A100 Tensor Core GPU technology with the PromethION device aims to deliver the world’s most powerful sequencer that supports real-time analyses at scale and can also analyze any length fragment of DNA/RNA. More
- Jan 15 | Bio-IT World | At the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference yesterday, PacBio’s new CEO, laid out a route to the clinic for PacBio’s HiFi sequencing reads, and set a 2021 goal of expansion across the business: improving commercial footprint, driving product development pipelines, and establishing market leadership in whole-genome clinical sequencing. More
Novel, Short Form of ACE2, AI Learns ‘Language’ of Viral Mutations, Odd Structure of ORF8: COVID-19 UpdatesJan 14 | Bio-IT World I Single-dose nanoparticle vaccine triggers strong immune response in mice, mapping the unique structure of SARS-CoV-2 ORF8 protein, COVID-19 may eventually become as mild as common cold. Plus: Human lung bronchioalveolar tissue model successfully demonstrates viral replication along with potential therapy and mitochondria one of the first lines of defense. More
- Jan 14 | Bio-IT World | Serge Saxonov, CEO and co-founder of 10x Genomics, painted a rosy picture of the future of single-cell technologies at the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference. And 10x has the product suite to enable that future, including a new version of the Chromium platform, a higher resolution version of the Visium platform, a coming In Situ platform, a wider rollout of the 10x Cloud, and new tools to address sample prep and cost. More
- Jan 13 | Bio-IT World | Pacific Biosciences and Invitae today announced a multi-year collaboration to begin development of a production-scale high-throughput sequencing platform leveraging the power of PacBio’s highly accurate HiFi sequencing to expand Invitae’s whole genome testing capabilities. More
- Jan 13 | Bio-IT World | As aging researchers are aware, “birthday candles are not a good guide” to either human health or longevity. But there is an abundance of clues in the genome and, as suggested by studies in animals, some of age-related damage is reversible by removing or reprogramming problematic cells or blocking the activity of key proteins. More
- Jan 11 | Bio-IT World | At the 39th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco today, Illumina CEO Francis deSouza outlined Illumina’s take on the genomics market, made partnership announcements, and launched Illumina Connected Analytics, an expanding software analytics platform. deSouza did not announce any new sequencing platforms, though he teased updates coming in 2021. More
- Jan 11 | Bio-IT World | Kicking off news from the J.P. Morgan 39th Annual Healthcare Conference, Seqster announced the release of Seqster Platform v7.1 on the Microsoft Azure cloud this morning. More
Math Model Predicts Optimal Treatments, Reducing Infectious Period Could Save Millions, Illumina Tracks Variants: COVID-19 UpdatesJan 08 | Bio-IT World I New hybrid approach identifies existing drugs that could be repurposed to treat SARS-CoV-2 and Cellid signs research contract with the International Vaccine Institute to expedite clinical development of “AdCLD-CoV-19” COVID-19 vaccine. Plus: Illumina and Helix will track the emergence and prevalence of new strains, including the highly transmissible B.1.1.7 variant. More
- Jan 07 | Bio-IT World | When we spoke with the Bio-IT World vendor community, leaders reported working hard to synthesize what 2020 brought us and apply those learnings to 2021. As they each made predictions in their own business areas, some themes arose. More
- Jan 11 | The EMA will use Panalgo’s Instant Health Data (IHD) platform to rapidly answer questions around drug safety and efficacy and better understand real-world medication use. More
BOC Sciences comprehensively deploys liposomal drug delivery research to seek industry-wide cooperationJan 11 | More
Panthera began dosing volunteers in AstraZeneca’s phase III of its long-acting antibody combination AZD7442 for the prevention of COVID-19 at its sites in Preston, North Manchester and North LondonJan 07 | Panthera’s clinical trial sites are helping to evaluate an alternative AstraZeneca vaccine for people who are unable to have the currently approved Covid-19 vaccines. The treatment is aimed at helping those people with a compromised immune system, who cannot be vaccinated, vaccine hesitant and those who are unlikely to respond to a vaccination. More
Enveda Biosciences Systematically Harnesses Untapped Potential of Nature’s Chemistry to Develop Next-Gen TherapeuticsJan 07 | More
- Jan 07 | ComputaBio, a US supplier of professional computational biology services, has launched molecular dynamics simulation services for industrial and academic customers to expedite the process of drug design. More
- Jan 07 | More
- Dec 16 | More
- Dec 16 | More
AMZELL to initiate FDA-approved Phase 3 trial of innovative injectable treatment for infantile epileptic diseaseDec 16 | Specialist development pharmaceutical company AMZELL B.V has concluded discussions with the FDA ahead of initiating a Phase 3 trial of its new treatment for infantile epileptic disease, AMZ002. More
- Dec 16 | More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!