- Jan 20 | Bio-IT World | As vaccines for the novel coronavirus are starting to be rolled out across the world, all eyes are on the scientific community. Demand for novel therapeutics is higher today than ever before and will continue to be in the future. Whether you’re a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) or a vaccine manufacturer, smart data strategy is critical More
- Jan 19 | Bio-IT World | TRENDS FROM THE TRENCHES—Dan Stanzione has been working at the Texas Advanced Computing Center in Austin for three quarters of its 19-year tenure. Now the executive director and associate vice president of research, Stanzione runs TACC as both the research computing arm of the University of Texas as well as an independent National Science Foundation-funded supercomputing center. He sat down with Stan Gloss to talk about big compute, pandemics, and technology trends. More
- Jan 15 | Bio-IT World | Oxford Nanopore Technologies and NVIDIA announced a collaboration this week to integrate the NVIDIA DGX Station A100 into Oxford Nanopore’s ultra-high throughput sequencing system, PromethION. Partnering the NVIDIA A100 Tensor Core GPU technology with the PromethION device aims to deliver the world’s most powerful sequencer that supports real-time analyses at scale and can also analyze any length fragment of DNA/RNA. More
- Jan 15 | Bio-IT World | At the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference yesterday, PacBio’s new CEO, laid out a route to the clinic for PacBio’s HiFi sequencing reads, and set a 2021 goal of expansion across the business: improving commercial footprint, driving product development pipelines, and establishing market leadership in whole-genome clinical sequencing. More
Novel, Short Form of ACE2, AI Learns ‘Language’ of Viral Mutations, Odd Structure of ORF8: COVID-19 UpdatesJan 14 | Bio-IT World I Single-dose nanoparticle vaccine triggers strong immune response in mice, mapping the unique structure of SARS-CoV-2 ORF8 protein, COVID-19 may eventually become as mild as common cold. Plus: Human lung bronchioalveolar tissue model successfully demonstrates viral replication along with potential therapy and mitochondria one of the first lines of defense. More
- Jan 14 | Bio-IT World | Serge Saxonov, CEO and co-founder of 10x Genomics, painted a rosy picture of the future of single-cell technologies at the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference. And 10x has the product suite to enable that future, including a new version of the Chromium platform, a higher resolution version of the Visium platform, a coming In Situ platform, a wider rollout of the 10x Cloud, and new tools to address sample prep and cost. More
- Jan 13 | Bio-IT World | Pacific Biosciences and Invitae today announced a multi-year collaboration to begin development of a production-scale high-throughput sequencing platform leveraging the power of PacBio’s highly accurate HiFi sequencing to expand Invitae’s whole genome testing capabilities. More
- Jan 13 | Bio-IT World | As aging researchers are aware, “birthday candles are not a good guide” to either human health or longevity. But there is an abundance of clues in the genome and, as suggested by studies in animals, some of age-related damage is reversible by removing or reprogramming problematic cells or blocking the activity of key proteins. More
- Jan 11 | Bio-IT World | At the 39th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco today, Illumina CEO Francis deSouza outlined Illumina’s take on the genomics market, made partnership announcements, and launched Illumina Connected Analytics, an expanding software analytics platform. deSouza did not announce any new sequencing platforms, though he teased updates coming in 2021. More
- Jan 11 | Bio-IT World | Kicking off news from the J.P. Morgan 39th Annual Healthcare Conference, Seqster announced the release of Seqster Platform v7.1 on the Microsoft Azure cloud this morning. More
- Jan 19 | Domainex Ltd. has invested in the WAVEdelta instrument from Creoptix AG. This instrument utilizes Grating-Coupled Interferometry to measure target binding and achieves superior resolution to traditional Surface Plasmon Resonance. More
EXTENSIVE LINE OF LIQUID STABLE & READY-TO-USE CLINICAL REFERENCE MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM VERICHEM LABORATORIESJan 19 | VERICHEM LABORATORIES has announced the availability of an extensive line of ready-to-use, liquid stable Clinical Reference Materials intended intended for the calibration and calibration verification of clinical testing systems. More
- Jan 19 | More
Kyruus Enables Online Scheduling for COVID-19 Vaccine Visits and Facilitates More Than 100,000 Appointments in the First MonthJan 19 | More
- Jan 19 | More
- Jan 19 | More
- Jan 19 | More
- Jan 19 | Gut microbiota bioinformatics services help understand how the gut microbiota colonizes, varies and interacts with the host, and even how to associate with diseases can be of great value in the treatment of these diseases, such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), diabetes, mental disorders, and cancers. More
- Jan 19 | Panalgo's IHD software to be used by the EMA to rapidly answer questions around drug safety and efficacy and better understand real-world medication use. More
- Jan 19 | Pronalyse is dedicated to providing professional analysis services in biopharmaceutical development. Recently, the product manager has announced the vaccines analysis service to ensure the safety, efficacy, purity and potency of vaccine products. More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!