- Sep 23 | Bio-IT World | Namita Limaye, Research VP at IDC, gave a broad overview of IDC’s survey findings over the past 18 months at this week’s Bio-IT World Conference and Expo held in Boston and online. She highlighted trends in the life sciences that included increased collaboration, speedier adoption of technologies, and a look at how executives are viewing—and planning—digital transformation. More
- Sep 22 | Bio-IT World | Josh Denny, CEO of the All of Us research program, gave an update during the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo this week held in Boston and online. More
- Sep 21 | Bio-IT World | The Bio-IT World Conference and Expo kicked off last night both in Boston and online. The hybrid event welcomed attendees in person for the first time since April 2019, starting with an expansive plenary panel on digital transformation—a process that has been kicked into high gear for many companies during the pandemic. More
- Sep 17 | Bio-IT World | Many cell and gene researchers are turning to technology to assist in scaling their operations. Connected and intelligent equipment is also becoming crucial for developers to meet research goals and maintain compliance, including connected ultra-low temperature (ULT) and cryogenic freezers capable of communicating temperature changes, product safety, and more. More
- Sep 16 | Bio-IT World | When the senior leaders at Eli Lilly and Company heard Helen Li’s plan for the pharma’s new Biologica platform for harvesting company institutional knowledge and building an analytic engine to suggest high quality antibody molecules for early discovery pipeline, they had one challenge: do it faster. And so, Li’s team launched an accelerated, agile development plan to build a platform they envisioned to house all experimental data, that feed into in silico modeling, a platform to scale up analytics to empower quality by design. More
- Sep 14 | Bio-IT World | Yesterday the University of Liverpool and other partners launched the Pandemic Institute, a medical, academic and civic partnership aiming to accelerate the global response to pandemics, unify global intelligence, and increase the reach and impact of pandemic research. More
- Sep 13 | Bio-IT World | When Mike Montello joined the GSK team, the first steps of the pharma’s digital transformation had already taken place. Now with GSK’s spin-off of its consumer business looming, Montello is tasked with accelerating adoption of digital, data, and analytics to improve the overall research and development productivity—and increase probability of success of new medicines and vaccines. More
- Sep 09 | Bio-IT World | Trends from the Trenches | Aoife Brennan left the practice of medicine to explore biotech. Now she leads Synlogic, developing scientific strategy for the company’s practical applications of synthetic biology. Brennan spoke about her career journey and the future of synthetic biology—a preview of her upcoming talk at the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo. More
- Sep 07 | Bio-IT World | Researchers from the University of Virginia and the University of Oxford have been tracing the genes responsible for type 1 diabetes for years. The team just published the largest look yet: exploring the genomes of more than 61,000 individuals of diverse ancestry to better understand the genetic underpinnings of this complex disease. More
- Sep 03 | Bio-IT World | HealthTech SPAC funding, wearable fitness program for metabolic health disorders, multiple academic grants for dementia research, using AI to watch cells over time, and more. More
Cisco fixes vulnerability that allowed criminals to remotely execute arbitrary code and control a firewallAug 20 | Positive Technologies researchers discovered a vulnerability in Cisco Firepower Device Manager On-Box – a product designed to locally configure Cisco Firepower firewalls. Now patched, the flaw could allow attackers to gain full control over the device and its capabilities. That could include handing over to criminals the ability to filter traffic. Attackers could also shut down a firewall, or even access other internal resources within an enterprise, if they’re located on the same subnet. More
Biofourmis Earns FDA’s First-Ever Breakthrough Device Designation for a Novel Digital Therapeutic for Heart FailureAug 20 | Biofourmis completed a proof of concept study for its heart failure digital therapeutic BiovitalsHF that met its endpoint of number of patients at 50% of optimal therapy. As a result, FDA has granted the DTx the first-ever Breakthrough Designation for a heart failure digital therapy. More
- Aug 20 | Deep longitudinal, disease agnostic structured global dataset, covering over 4,000 indications will industrialize Sensyne’s life sciences activities More
BIO-ISAC founded to protect and build resilience from increasing attacks on public and private bioeconomy infrastructureAug 20 | More
Advanced Instruments to Acquire Solentim, a Trusted Global Leader in Cell Imaging for Cell Line Development and Clone CharacterizationAug 20 | Advanced Instruments, a leading manufacturer of analytical instruments and services for bioprocessing, today announced the execution of a definitive agreement to acquire Solentim, a trusted global leader of solutions for the isolation and characterization of high value single cell clones in cell line development (CLD) applications. More
- Aug 20 | Amerigo Scientific recently launches AcrB transporter that aids in the identification, development, refinement, and validation of new molecules and therapeutic antibodies. More
- Aug 20 | More
DNAnexus Platform Exceeds Online Security Standards in President Biden’s Executive Order Aimed at Protecting American Infrastructure from CyberattacksAug 20 | DNAnexus platform exceeds online security policy objectives outlined in President Biden’s executive order protecting American infrastructure from cyberattacks More
- Aug 20 | FDB Launches Clinical Decision Support Analytics Solution More
- Aug 20 | Lightbeam Health Solutions Announces Partnership with Genetic Testing Company, Ambry Genetics More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!