- Mar 08 | Bio-IT World | New products and company updates from around Bio-IT including Seven Bridges’ partnership with Pfizer, Illumina’s Russian approval, new methylation detection platform from Twist, and more. More
Nanotechnology-Based Vaccine Candidate, Blood Type A Raises Risk, Neanderthal-Derived Protein Offers Protection: COVID-19 UpdatesMar 05 | Bio-IT World I Variant that emerged in the UK could be more transmissible, SARS-CoV-2 may be particularly attracted to blood group A respiratory cells, a balanced T cell response is key to clearing virus without symptoms, and out-of-place large bone marrow cells responsible for brain fog. Plus: Heart muscle cells a target and could lead to cell death, interfere with heart muscle contraction and MIS-C patients have highly activated immune systems that are similar to adult COVID-19 patients. More
- Mar 04 | Bio-IT World | A host of sponsors and vendor companies attended the virtual AGBT General Meeting this week. Through sponsored talks and even more poster sessions, vendor companies shared their latest work and technology developments and made product announcements. More
- Mar 03 | Bio-IT World | Neville Sanjana from the New York Genome Center and NYU turned his attention to COVID-19 early in the pandemic. For several years, his lab has focused on using CRISPR to identify which regions of the genome drive disease. Last year, he applied that expertise to using genome-wide CRISPR screens to look for COVID-19 risk factors. More
- Mar 02 | Bio-IT World | Our current version of the human reference genome does not adequately represent genetic diversity in the human population, Karen Miga told the virtual audience at this week’s AGBT General Meeting. The Human Pangenome Reference Consortium and the Telomere-to-Telomere Consortium are working to change that. More
- Mar 01 | Bio-IT World | Josh Denny, CEO of NIH’s All of Us program, gave an update on the population sequencing program in the opening session of the virtual AGBT General Meeting this week. More
- Feb 26 | Bio-IT World | More insights into how the immune system reacts to SARS-CoV-2 infection, docking analysis predicts new COVID-19 drugs, and impacts of temperature and humidity. Plus: correlating COVID-19 symptoms and genetic profiles. More
- Feb 25 | Bio-IT World | Having spent the last decade with one foot in the door of the scientific research world, and the other foot in the door of the software world, I have viscerally experienced a fundamental flaw in how scientific research is done today: collaboration among scientists is severely lacking. More
African Centers of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Data-Intensive Sciences: Building The Technology Foundations For Global GrowthFeb 23 | Bio-IT World | Information technology has become a fundamental research tool for the international biomedical research community. That’s why NIAID has been building the African Centers of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Data-Intensive Science in Mali and Uganda. Equipping scientists in Africa with bioinformatics tools and technologies has come with some unique challenges, but also promises untold returns. More
Modeling New Drug Options, Better Look At Immune Response, Impact of Chromosome 12: COVID-19 UpdatesFeb 19 | Bio-IT World | Specialized cells in a child’s immune system rapidly target SARS-CoV-2, nasal antiviral blocks transmission in ferrets, machine learning used for drug repurposing, insight into how the virus attacks mucus membrane cells, and a CDC update on anaphylaxis after vaccination. Plus: Fauci on known variants of the virus. More
Evolving Risks, Insecure Defaults, Watering Hole Threats: New Research from Accurics Uncovers Developing Sources of Cloud RiskMar 01 | More
- Mar 01 | A good choice of excipient can lead to the formulation of stable dosage forms. To better meet the increasing demand for excipients, Formulationbio supplies a wide range of excipients for different research purposes, including binders, lubricants, diluents, disintegrants, emulsifiers, plasticizers, surfactants, sweeteners, fillers, stabilizers and so on. More
- Mar 01 | More
- Mar 01 | More
Ashfield Healthcare Communications rebrands as Ashfield Health, launches two new global agencies and appoints former McCann Health Americas head as Global President.Mar 01 | • Former 19-year McCann Health veteran, latterly President of the Americas, Amar Urhekar, joins as Global President of the >1,450 people-strong Ashfield Health network. • Ashfield Digital and Creative (UK), Cambridge BioMarketing (US) and Pegasus (UK) merge to form Mind+Matter, a new global, data-driven creative communications agency. • Ashfield Health’s 14 medical and scientific communications agencies come together to create Ashfield MedComms, a new 700 strong global powerhouse. • Ashfield Health agencies unified by common brand identity and shared new purpose to ‘make it matter’ More
- Mar 01 | More
Ashfield Engage launches with an integrated offering to maximize engagement with patients, HCPs and payersMar 01 | More
- Mar 01 | John Snow Labs announces first-ever Healthcare NLP Summit, being held virtually from April 6-9. More
- Mar 01 | SeqOnce Biosciences, Inc., announced today the launch of its new AzureSeq One-Step Universal RT-qPCR kit for the detection of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 N501Y variant. The AzureSeq One-Step Universal SARS-CoV-2 RT-qPCR N501Y kit uses a single-tube reaction targeting the N1 nucleocapsid gene, both alleles of S gene N501Y (A23063T), and includes RNaseP as a control. The assay uses common qPCR instruments with detection channels of FAM, HEX, Cy5, and ROX. More
- Mar 01 | More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!