- Jul 29 | Bio-IT World | Russia plans to introduce special digital genetic passports that will contain genome sequencing of each citizen of the country—the data could be further used for the formation of genetic profiles and identification of susceptibility to diseases, according to recent statements made by some senior officials of the Russian federal government and analysts. More
- Jul 28 | Bio-IT World | Bio-IT World has announced the 2021 Innovative Practices Awards winners. Grand prize awards were granted to Duke Cancer Institute with University of California, San Francisco, Micronoma, and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals. Pure Storage and the Folding@home project received honorable mention recognition. All four groups will be presenting their projects at the 2021 Bio-IT World Conference & Expo in Boston in September. More
- Jul 27 | Bio-IT World | The National Institutes of Health has made a five-year, nearly $80 million commitment to the establishment of a Mendelian Genomics Research Consortium of five clinical laboratories and one data coordinating center. The Consortium will build on previous National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) work to develop new methods for identifying the genetic causes of single-gene diseases. More
- Jul 23 | Bio-IT World | The board members of both Sema4 and CM Life Sciences voted this week to approve the special purpose acquisition company. The resulting combined company, Sema4 Holdings Corp, will commence trading of its shares of common stock and warrants on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbols "SMFR" and “SMFRW” today or Monday. More
- Jul 22 | Bio-IT World | DeepMind and the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) today unveiled the most complete and accurate database of predicted protein structure models for the human proteome. The database includes about 350,000 protein structures and will be freely and openly available to the scientific community. More
- Jul 20 | Bio-IT World | Pacific Biosciences announced this morning that it has signed a definitive merger agreement under which it will acquire Omniome, a San Diego-based company developing a highly differentiated, proprietary short-read sequencing platform capable of delivering high accuracy. More
- Jul 20 | Bio-IT World | Bill Leister, Pfizer’s Senior Vice President of Advanced Analytics and Data Platforms & Learning and Development, discusses the pandemic, platforms, and Pfizer’s digital vision. More
- Jul 19 | Bio-IT World | Natural language processing can help the pharma industry assess the market potential of a new drug, as well as target patient populations more accurately for existing drugs. NLP is much faster than human processing and can standardize mass amounts of both qualitative and quantitative unstructured data quickly into usable information with actionable insights. More
- Jul 15 | Bio-IT World | Systemic chronic inflammation—a universally strong signal of ill health associated with all nine hallmarks of aging and diseases that collectively represent the leading causes of disability and mortality worldwide—can now be measured by an inflammatory clock of aging (iAge) developed by investigators at the Stanford University School of Medicine and the Buck Institute for Research on Aging. It is the first “actionable clock” that predicts multimorbidity, frailty, immunological health, and chronic diseases of aging. More
- Jul 13 | Bio-IT World | Strateos has launched its SmartLab Software which enables research organizations of any size to manage scientific workflows in-house while integrating automation with a modular, cloud-based software platform. More
Rho to Coordinate Study Sponsored by NIAID to Assess Systemic Allergic Reactions to Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 VaccinesJul 14 | Rho, a full-service contract research organization (CRO) with a proven track record of drug development success, today announced it is coordinating a study called Systemic Allergic Reactions to SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination to assess the proportion of participants with a systemic allergic reaction to the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines in populations at high risk for allergic reaction compared to a general population. This research will be important for further understanding potential risk factors for an allergic reaction to these particular vaccines, as well as to future vaccines that similarly use an mRNA nanoparticle platform. The study is sponsored and funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). More
Bruker Announces New Microbiology Products and Workflows for Microbial Identification and Infection Control at ECCMID 2021Jul 14 | More
QCI and IPQ Partner on Novel Approach to Drive More Effective Clinical Trials and Diagnostic OutcomesJul 14 | Quantum Computing Inc. (QCI) (OTCQB: QUBT), the leader in bridging the power of classical and quantum computing, has announced a partnership with IPQ Analytics, LLC (IPQ), a life sciences and healthcare analytics innovator that provides a new breed of solutions for improved diagnostics and clinical trial outcomes. Through the partnership, IPQ will analyze real world data to generate novel temporally-defined disease models by combining its unique top-down knowledge graph representation of the patient journey with QCI’s quantum-powered community detection technology. More
- Jul 14 | Acquisition Enriches WCG’s Scientific and Regulatory Capabilities with Comprehensive Services Ensuring Quality and Validity of Clinical Trial Results Across Drug, Medical Device and Artificial Intelligence Studie More
- Jul 14 | More
- Jul 14 | Friday Health Plans implements HealthSparq's convenient and personalized provider search and price transparency tools for members. More
- Jul 14 | Universal data connectivity for life science laboratories delivers seamless digital ecosystem and full automation of lab workflows – with the goal of accelerating scientific discovery More
AUI and Accumen Partner to Increase Crisis Resilience to Natural and Manmade Disasters for Healthcare SectorJul 14 | These new programs will ensure that healthcare organizations are better prepared to handle security threats, and power, water/waste management or supply chain disruptions. More
- Jul 14 | LabVantage 8.7 Introduces Secure Web Portal The latest version of LabVantage LIMS (laboratory information management system) includes a redesigned web portal that lets LabVantage customers extend appropriate access rights to their clients outside the laboratory. The new Portal protects customers’ valuable and sensitive data, while eliminating the need for manual requests for tests and other services. A new, next-generation user interface makes Portal features easier than ever to use for those outside the lab needing access to data but who are not familiar with LIMS. LabVantage 8.7 Highlights: • A secure customer self-service web Portal for external clients of the lab, ensuring faster and more complete client-submitted requests and direct access to more meaningful information and data. • Customers’ choice of “apps” that deliver various functions, such as Portal account management, request submissions, status tracking and test-results viewing, and requests for test kits. • Simple and intuitive user experience with clean, cockpit-style screens that allow users to navigate safely, efficiently, and with little or no training. • Lab administrator self-support leveraging existing LabVantage knowledge of functions, configuration tools, and other skills. • Available immediately. More
- Jul 14 | More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!