Predicting COVID-19 Severity: Researchers Look to Fill Diagnostic Gap, Match Patients with TreatmentsJan 27 | Bio-IT World | Researchers at Mount Sinai and the University of Colorado are pursuing the possibilities that stem from predicting which COVID-19 patients are most likely to deteriorate over time. The hope is that this ability could help health care professionals more effectively triage patients and pair them with appropriate treatments to improve outcomes. More
- Jan 26 | Bio-IT World | Efforts are underway to create an economy of data contributors and researchers who want to retain ownership of their contribution to longevity research as well as a proportionate share of the downstream profits from any resulting products. The ecosystem, and tokens underpinning it, goes by the name of Rejuve—definitionally, “the process of making somebody young again.” More
- Jan 25 | Bio-IT World | After a decade of methodical preparation, Canada’s Ontario Brain Institute's (OBI) neuroinformatics platform, Brain-CODE, launched its open data sharing feature for global brain disorder research. More
- Jan 21 | Bio-IT World | Life science researchers and drug discovery scientists today work in what, in my view, will be remembered in the future as the beginning of a “golden era” where the power of genetic information is connected to a wide range of other healthcare and lifestyle data to support better understanding of disease etiology, as well as the identification of candidates for drug targets and the discovery of new biomarkers that can be used to predict the presence or future development of a disease in an individual patient. More
- Jan 19 | Bio-IT World | The nonprofit Consortium for Top-Down Proteomics recently proposed the Human Proteoform Project to generate a definitive reference set of the proteoforms produced from the genome. This will become a “seminal moment in science,” Neil Kelleher says, and the initiative is the next obvious step now that the Human Genome Project has provided the blueprint for how proteins get made. More
- Jan 18 | Bio-IT World | Trends from the Trenches —Xiong Sean Liu is a Director at Novartis where he has been working to make inroads for AI in pharma. In Liu’s view, AI as a technology is already successful, but he also believes it is still in its early days for healthcare and there are still significant challenges for use. Data organization, for example, must be solved so that AI models can be put to best use. Liu and his team recently explored how electronic health records could be better populated and curated to facilitate clinical trials. More
- Jan 14 | Bio-IT World | Closing out the genomic presentations at the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference, Christian Henry, president and CEO of Pacific Biosciences, had the dual challenges of presenting PacBio’s year and future strategies as well as answering claims and announcements other companies made. He persevered. More
- Jan 13 | Bio-IT World | At the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference—being held virtually again this year—pharma and biotech companies gave overviews of their 2021 business and their views of the future. Here are the highlights we noted from presentations from Regeneron, 10X Genomics, and Invitae More
- Jan 11 | Bio-IT World | Seqster announced today a multi-year partnership with The National Pancreas Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides hope for those suffering from pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer, to create the country’s largest, most inclusive pancreatic disease patient registry. The registry uses Seqster technology to connect to any EHR, genomic DNA test, and wearable/remote monitoring device, providing patients with a complete longitudinal health record in real-time. More
- Jan 11 | Bio-IT World | At the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference—being held virtually again this year—Illumina CEO Francis deSouza outlined Illumina’s record for 2021, announced several new partnerships, and teased new chemistry and new long read technologies. More
- Jan 12 | Rousselot®, Darling Ingredients’ health brand and the world’s leader of collagen-based solutions, today announced that it has partnered with the Terasaki Institute for Biomedical Innovation (TIBI), a California-based research institute focused on regenerative medicine. More
Curebase and Persephone Biosciences Partner in Clinical Trial of Colorectal Cancer Among Diverse PopulationsJan 12 | Curebase and Persephone Biosciences Partner in Clinical Trial of Colorectal Cancer Among Diverse Populations More
- Jan 12 | PubHive Navigator SaaS platform now supports life science companies with workflow and information management needs across literature, aggregate reporting, and safety signal detection. More
- Jan 12 | Pharmaron Beijing Co., Limited, has announced today that it has acquired Aesica Pharmaceuticals Limited ("The Cramlington Site") from Recipharm group. This move will again help Recipharm streamline operations in line with its strategic goals and better align with customers' needs. More
- Jan 12 | Recipharm has today announced the sale of the solid dose manufacturing site at Fontaine-lès-Dijon, France, to Astrea Pharma. The move is a positive step in streamlining Recipharm's operations and consolidating its position as a top five global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation. More
- Jan 12 | PubHive Navigator expands safety and vigilance module, adding one-stop workflow and information management capabilities for aggregate reporting and authoring. More
Watson-Marlow enhances strong European connections providing further international support for Flexicon Liquid FillingJan 12 | Watson-Marlow Fluid-Technology Group (WMFTG) is pleased to confirm that it will be providing the sales and technical support for Flexicon in both Poland and the Czech Republic from January 2022. More
Atlantic Health System Takes Consumer Convenience to the Next Level with Online Scheduling from KyruusJan 12 | New Jersey-Based Health System Sees Increase in Online Appointment Bookings More
- Jan 12 | Scitara Corp, a proven innovator in laboratory digital transformation, today announces the closing of its Series B round with an additional investment of $15m. More
Antibiotic Research UK calls for change in behaviour to reduce antibiotic prescribing, launches new campaign: What’s bugging you this winter?Jan 06 | Antibiotic prescription rates rise every winter, but new data from the charity Antibiotic Research UK (ANTRUK) and Costello Medical shows how the annual rise in winter prescribing can be reduced. To sustain this reduction in prescribing, ANTRUK is launching its ‘What’s Bugging You This Winter?’ campaign, calling on everyone to understand the role that they can play in tackling antibiotic resistance. More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!