- Nov 24 | Bio-IT World | What started as a collaboration to study non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is shifting gears to tackle COVID-19. BERG and AdventHealth are partnering to apply AI to enhance COVID-19 patient care by rapidly identifying the right path to improve patient outcomes. More
- Nov 23 | Bio-IT World | IBM CEO Arvind Krishna sees AI, hybrid cloud computing, and quantum computing as setting the future of the IT industry. More
New Virtual Reality Tool, Domestic Cats are SARS-CoV-2 Carriers, Combination Therapy Advances: COVID-19 UpdatesNov 20 | Bio-IT World I St. Jude discovers hyperinflammatory pathway, hepatitis C drugs are potential treatment, non-human primate model identifies features of virus, IL-10 production is a marker for severity, recommendations on re-use of data, molecular structure of key E-protein, and early antibody evolution predicts outcomes. Plus: Disrupting SKI complex prevents viral replication, why COVID-19 spares children, and how smoking causes more severe infection. More
- Nov 19 | Bio-IT World | COVID-19 is switching the risk paradigm for biotech and pharma. It’s too risky, now, not to do something digital. It’s driving changes in investing as well. A recent panel discussion explored how venture capital and new tech companies evaluate technology, invest cash, and plan to move forward. More
- Nov 17 | Bio-IT World | A decades-old technology initially used to hide secret messages in dots of DNA—along with Oxford Nanopore sequencing—could get a reboot as a tracking system for commodities that might be too small or numerous for tagging with QR codes or radio-frequency identification, such as experimental drugs and controlled substances. More
- Nov 13 | Bio-IT World | Illumina has announced the commercial availability of the P3 high-output flow cell, offering 1.1 billion reads in a single sequencing run. The company also announced the commercial availability of the NextSeq 1000. More
New Rhesus Macaque Model, Six SARS-CoV-2 Strains, the Structure of Dexamethasone with Serum Albumin: COVID-19 UpdatesNov 13 | Bio-IT World | A look at how COVID-19 patients fare after recovery, Mount Sinai’s new ML model analyzes EHRs, overlapping genes in viruses, conferred immunity from other coronaviruses, and a picture of RNA-RNA interactions. Plus a new Intel system at LLNL for COVID-19 research, Baylor’s coronavirus curriculum, and a recommended vaccine distribution framework. More
- Nov 12 | Bio-IT World | The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Energy (DOE) have teamed up to develop disease risk prediction models using deep learning, according to Ravi Madduri, a computer scientist at the DOE’s Argonne National Laboratory and co-lead of the collaboration. More
- Nov 11 | Bio-IT World | New products, collaborations and deployments from the past two months from Quantum, Mission Bio, Seqster, Takeda, Optibrium, the Pistoia Alliance, Caris Life Sciences, Genomenon, and more. More
- Nov 10 | Bio-IT World | Pharma has had a long history with data. Of course, it wasn’t always digital but there’s always been a data trail. We asked Bryn Roberts from Roche for insights gleaned from his nearly three decades in the pharma industry, mainly in roles related to data science, information technology, and automation. Generating and collecting data has never really been a problem, he said. Managing it, however, has always been a challenge. More
- Nov 19 | InSysBio presents public version of CYTOCON DB entitled “CYTOCON DB Open”. Actually, CYTOCON DB Open has the same functionality as the initial version. However, CYTOCON DB Open is reduced and will be updated once per year. It concerns both content and functionality. More
Pill Connect secures £0.5m to take electronic smart pill bottle that monitors patient adherence to commercial launchNov 19 | Pill Connect, formerly known as Elucid mHealth, has completed a £510,000 funding round which will enable it to complete development of the design, electronics and software for submission to the regulatory authorities in both Europe and the US and continue through to commercial launch. More
4D Path Announces Patented Precision Oncology Platform for Instant Biomarker Profiling and Stratification Just From H&E Biopsy or Resection ImagesNov 19 | The Platform Allows Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Companies as well as Clinics and Hospitals to Dramatically Accelerate Precise Cancer Diagnosis for Expediting Clinical Trials and Personalized Therapy More
- Nov 19 | Watson-Marlow Limited Ireland, award winning, global leader in fluid management technology, will open a state-of-the-art facility in Cork, Ireland. The new ISO 14644-1 Class 7 cleanroom will be added to the company’s existing Cork site and will be certified to meet the demands of the highly regulated pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing sector in Ireland. More
- Nov 19 | More
Shimmer Research Wins 2020 Best of Sensors Award for its Verisense Wearable Sensing Platform Developed Specifically for Clinical TrialsNov 19 | The Verisense platform provides complete, high quality, reproducible clinical trial data, while placing minimum burden on sponsors, CROs, site staff and participants. More
- Nov 19 | Scilligence informatics platform users now have the ability to access CAS’s high-quality scientific content directly in our web-based informatics solutions, including Scilligence Inventory and Scilligence ELN. More
- Nov 19 | CMO growth hampered by innovator approvals from mega cap pharma, yet contract clinical and recombinant vector manufacturing growing in demand More
Ardigen and BioCollective partner to detect early signs of Parkinson’s Disease for better diagnosis and treatmentNov 19 | Ardigen and The BioCollective today announced a research collaboration aimed at the development of the world’s first microbiome-based biomarker candidates for Parkinson’s Disease. More
Agendia and Paige Announce Landmark Strategic Partnership to Revolutionize Treatment Planning in Breast CancerNov 19 | More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!