- Aug 11 | Bio-IT World | A multi-national team of clinicians and scientists has determined that the consensus molecular subtype (CMS) classification of colorectal cancer needs updating to better reflect the molecular underpinnings of the disease. More
- Aug 10 | Bio-IT World | The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has published Phenopackets, a standard initially developed by the Global Alliance for Genomics and Health and championed at ISO under the Canadian Mirror Committee to ISO/TC215/SC1 Genomics informatics, and supported by the Standards Council of Canada. More
- Aug 09 | Bio-IT World | Researchers in Germany have developed a web-based tool, powered by machine learning, which extracts disease subtypes from large pools of patient data. The goal is more precise and robust predictions about molecular signatures that can serve as a starting point for investigating disease heterogeneity. More
- Aug 05 | Bio-IT World | Though advancements in instruments and software have driven life sciences breakthroughs that drastically improve global health outcomes, researchers still struggle to maximize the value of the huge datasets that these high-throughput technologies generate. Currently, two common practices stand in the way of good data management at many life sciences institutions. More
- Aug 03 | Bio-IT World | Bio-IT World is bringing the Best of Show competition to Europe this fall at the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo Europe in Berlin, October 18-19. More
- Aug 02 | Bio-IT World | A team of researchers from Brown University are in the process of developing a simple, inexpensive, portable device to electrically dissociate tissues into viable single cells. They’ve published the work in Scientific Reports, and foresee the approach being useful in both clinical diagnostics and basic scientific research. More
- Jul 28 | Bio-IT World | Merck announces a Digital Sciences Studio to support early-stage biomedical startups; a new suite of informatics tools anticipates pharmaceutical manufacturing bottlenecks; Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK announces the Novartis Biome UK Heart Health Catalyst 2022 Initiative; and more. More
- Jul 27 | Bio-IT World | Funding for Pylera commercial rights, in vivo biologics design platform, precision cancer therapy, and more. More
The Gift of the Outlier: George Church on Neurodiversity, Collision of Bad Ideas, and Thinking VisuallyJul 26 | Bio-IT World | In the latest episode of Bio-IT World’s Trends from the Trenches podcast, host Stan Gloss, founder of BioTeam, talks with George Church about how neurodiversity has shaped his education and scientific career and how a trait they share—dyslexia—leads to some out-of-the-box thinking. More
- Aug 11 | Innovative software platform digitalizes and automates cell culture medium development operations at globally leading CDMO More
- Aug 11 | Basel-headquartered developer of advanced software solutions recognized for success in digitalization of the global biotech industry More
- Aug 11 | More
- Aug 10 | The researchers concluded that automated analysis of EEG data is a promising way to stratify patients and track disease progression, while enabling better patient selection for clinical trials. More
AVIA Releases Novel Benchmarking Data Revealing Health Systems’ Progress on Digital Consumerism StrategiesAug 10 | More
- Aug 10 | More
- Aug 09 | Sapio Sciences releases a new version of their ELN and LIMS software complete with AI advancements. More
- Aug 08 | Cypex’s recombinant xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes complement BioIVT’s extensive portfolio of hepatocytes and related hepatic products for drug research and development. More
European pharma needs to keep manufacturing on the continent and become more digitised to stay competitive, say speakers at new eventAug 08 | The newly announced agenda for Connect in Pharma focuses on innovation as the foundation of a strong pharmaceutical industry in Europe. In order to ensure a strong future for European pharma, businesses need to prioritise digitalisation and maintain control of production lines, say two speakers due to present at the Geneva-based event in September. More
- Aug 05 | More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Bio-IT World’s Trends from the Trenches podcast delivers your insider’s look at the science, technology, and executive trends driving the life sciences through conversations with industry leaders. BioTeam co-founder Stan Gloss brings years of industry experience in science, data, and technology to conversations exploring what is driving data and discovery, and what’s coming next.