- Apr 12 | Bio-IT World | At NVIDIA’s GTC event starting this week, NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang outlined—among other things—partnerships expanding Clara Discovery, NVIDIA’s computational platform for healthcare. More
- Apr 09 | Bio-IT World | Cybersecurity challenges have only escalated during the COVID-19 crisis, particularly in the fields of science and healthcare. The past year has seen a dramatic increase in the number of breaches and ransomware attacks for the enterprise networks of labs and healthcare facilities. More
- Apr 06 | Bio-IT World | Researchers at the University of California (UC), San Diego have proposed that the definition of antibiotic resistance be broadened to include treatment failure among patients on appropriate antibiotic therapy, which still encompasses the “great majority of unsuccessful outcomes in infectious disease. More
- Apr 01 | Bio-IT World | New investment funds for late-stage companies and public health. Next-gen genomic medicines and single-cell multiomics get cash, and PatientsLikeMe raises a new round of funding to expand. More
- Mar 31 | Bio-IT World | Mathematically speaking, the cytokine storm seen with severe COVID-19 and the out-of-control behavior of QAnon conspiracy theorists are not really all that different, according to Bud Mishra, a professor at New York University's Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences. Both invoke a stranger-danger “signaling game” that would also explain how messenger RNA (mRNA) and transfer RNA (tRNA) came to be cellular co-occupants some three and half billion years ago. More
- Mar 30 | Bio-IT World | While it isn’t clear just yet how the coronavirus could impact cognition over the long haul, a global group of researchers is looking to learn more. More
- Mar 26 | Bio-IT World | Life sciences leaders are outlining the learnings from COVID-19 to move forward, hopefully stronger, wiser, and better than before. More
- Mar 25 | Bio-IT World | Last week a research team published a 22-item framework in Nature that identifies the minimal polygenic risk score-related information that scientists should include in their studies. More
- Mar 23 | Bio-IT World | TRENDS FROM THE TRENCHES—It’s been a little over a year since Eric Dishman stepped down as CEO of the National Institutes of Health’s All of Us program and took on the role of Chief Innovation Officer. Now he talks about his early training under Paul Allen of Microsoft and Andy Grove of Intel still plays into his decisions. More
- Mar 18 | Bio-IT World | Illumina has announced that Jay Flatley has decided to step down from the Board of Directors and John W. Thompson will be appointed as the Company’s new Chair of the Board. These changes will be effective as of the Company’s Annual Shareholder Meeting on May 26, 2021. More
- Apr 06 | LabVantage Solutions, Inc., the leading provider of laboratory informatics solutions and services including purpose-built LIMS solutions that allow labs to go live faster and at a lower total cost, today announced the launch of LabVantage Analytics, a full-featured, self-service advanced analytics solution that lets users easily explore, analyze, and visualize LIMS, enterprise, and external data to gain actionable business insights. Designed by analytics industry experts, LabVantage Analytics seamlessly integrates with all elements of the LabVantage LIMS platform, providing a single user interface and workflow. More
- Apr 06 | LabVantage Solutions, Inc., the leading provider of laboratory informatics solutions and services, has appointed Mikael Hagstroem as Chief Executive Officer. More
- Apr 06 | LabVantage Solutions, Inc., the leading provider of laboratory informatics solutions and services including purpose-built LIMS solutions that allow labs to go live faster and at a lower total cost, today announced that the 8.6 edition of its flagship LIMS has been designed and tested to optimum cybersecurity standards. More
- Apr 06 | LabVantage Solutions, Inc., the leading provider of laboratory informatics solutions and services including purpose-built LIMS solutions that allow labs to go live faster and at a lower total cost, today announced it has added validation to a number of its subscription-based LIMS. Adding validation support to a cloud-hosted, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) LIMS increases confidence for organizations that function in regulated sectors, such as pharmaceuticals, biobanking, and clinical and molecular diagnostics. More
New Healthcare Industry Survey Reveals Majority of Healthcare Organizations Unprepared for ONC Cures Act Final RuleApr 06 | More
- Apr 05 | Earlier this month, MedAI announces to have integrated its drug research and development platform for the pharmaceutical industry. The company is specialized in AI-assisted R&D and it now provides a wide range of solutions that covers nearly every stage of early drug development, including developing drug targets, biomarker discovery, chemical drug development, protein/antibody development, prediction of drug, crystal form, ADMET prediction, repurposing existing drugs, drug formulation development. More
- Apr 05 | Kiniciti, a Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (“WCAS”) platform company that invests in non-therapeutic companies supporting Cell and Gene Therapy innovation, announced the formation of an Advisory Board and appointment of two inaugural members: Denis Bedoret, PhD, chief executive officer of Imcyse, and Andrew Knudten, chief operating officer of Jaguar Gene Therapy. More
- Apr 05 | More
Seven Bridges Launches the GRAF™ Population Solution — Population-Specific Tools and Services to Enhance Genetic Variation DiscoveryApr 05 | Bioinformatics methods suffer from a significant loss of accuracy when used on sequencing data from under-represented populations because the genetic information of such populations cannot be captured in the linear reference genome. The inherent bias in the industry’s current reference genome favors the European population. A pan-genome approach can provide significant improvements, but it is still suboptimal. The Seven Bridges GRAF Population Solution is ancestry-aware and, therefore, more accurate than both linear and pan-genome approaches. More
- Apr 05 | Qlucore, leading software provider of powerful visualization-based bioinformatics data analysis tools for research and precision diagnostics, announces Qlucore Omics Explorer (QOE) version 3.7, an extensive upgrade adding features in many different areas to strengthen visual analysis support even further. More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!