| Overview: || The Thermo Scientific HyPerforma DynaDrive S.U.B. is now available in 3,000 L and 5,000 L models. The first-of-its-size 5,000 L S.U.B. is Thermo Fisher Scientific’s largest commercially available S.U.B., enabling biopharmaceutical companies to integrate single-use technologies into large-scale bioprocesses, including perfusion cell culture and cGMP manufacturing at very high cell density. |
The DynaDrive portfolio – including the 50 L, 500 L and now expanded to 3,000 L and 5,000 L S.U.B.s – offers features that support cell culture performance across scales and accommodate high-density and next-generation cell culture processes. DynaDrive S.U.B.s also provide superior turn-down in stirred tank reactors, reducing the number of vessels required for seed-train scale-up. By minimizing seed-train and enabling large-scale, high-intensity processes, the DynaDrive S.U.B.s reduce overall costs through reduced capital investment, reduced operational expenses, and higher-output processes.
Thermo Fisher launched its S.U.B. portfolio in 2006 and was the first supplier to launch a 2,000 L S.U.B. in 2011. The DynaDrive 50 L and 500 L models were launched in 2020 and introduced new features, including a unique impeller design, patented cross-flow sparger technology and improved sensor technology. Thermo Fisher’s DynaDrive S.U.B.s are designed to deliver superior performance in single-use format and increased scalability for cell culture processes.
|Key Applications: ||Upstream bioprocessing for biologics production, process development (PD), GLP and cGMP cell culture production. |
- Scalability: Cell culture performance from 50 L to 5,000 L in the HyPerforma DynaDrive S.U.B.s.
- Superior turn-down ratio: Working volumes as low as 250 L in the 3,000 L and 5,000 L S.U.B.s, reducing the number of reactors required for seed train by as much as 50 percent, and improving sustainability and mix-through-drain.
- Improved mixing: DynaDrive agitation drive-train with multiple impellers distributes power input and cubical design provides baffles in corners and better bioprocess container (BPC) fit.
- Improved mass transfer: Proprietary laser-drilled hole spargers (DHS) for right-size bubbles to maximize oxygen delivery while balancing carbon dioxide stripping.
- Optimized for modern cell culture processes: Mixing times, power input per volume (PIV), and mass transfer performance capable of supporting viable cell densities of >100 million cells/mL.
- Proven quality: Robustly tested drive-train integrated in the DynaDrive BPCs, which are made with superior Thermo Scientific Aegis 5-14 bioprocessing film.
- Reduced vessel footprint: Minimized hardware optimized for perfusion cell culture processes to help save critical manufacturing suite space. The 3,000 L and 5,000 L share the same footprint.
- Streamlined dataflow: Built with automation package and TruBio software powered by the DeltaV control platform from Emerson.
|Web Site: ||www.thermofisher.com/dynadrive || |
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.