First-Of-Its-Kind National Biotechnology Workforce Summit Press Release
Washington, DC (June 26, 2023) - InnovATEBIONational Center for Biotechnology Education (aka InnovATEBIO) is hosting its inaugural bioscience summit to bring together biotechnology leaders in industry, government, and community colleges from across the nation. The Envisioning the Next Bioscience Workforce Summit on Industry Trends and Needs will explore emerging technologies, teach leaders how to leverage bioscience partnerships, and encourage collaboration efforts in technical education to meet industry standards. The summit will be held at the National Academy of Sciences in Washington, DC, on June 26 and 27, 2023. One-day admission to the summit is $100 and includes complimentary food and beverages. Registration can be found here.
“The number of technicians needed in the industry is actually greater than the number of senior scientists, and right now nationwide, this need is not being met. If we want to continue to produce vaccines and make other advances, we will need more technicians,” says Dr. Linnea Fletcher, Executive Director of InnovATEBIO. “The summit will provide an opportunity for biotechnology leaders to tackle these challenges and support other workforce needs.”
Envisioning the Next Bioscience Workforce Summit is a premier conference of its kind, designed to gather industry feedback in biotechnology and increase the pipeline of skilled professionals into the workforce. The summit offers a day of learning and networking for career education leaders, industry insiders, state team representatives, and government experts on the bioscience sector’s frontlines.
The summit agenda includes the following:
- A presentation of InnovATEBIO’s mission, collaboration strategy, and biotech workforce development initiatives.
- Additional bioscience presentations from guest speakers who are experts in biopharmaceuticals, biomedical devices, agricultural biotechnology, cell-based foods, bioprocessing, bioengineering, synthetic biology, and more.
- State team members, or representatives from each state’s bio initiative, will be available for one-on-one meetings.
- Networking opportunities for industry, government, and community colleges to collaborate on technical education to meet regional goals.
- Fireside chats and discussions with alum professionals who are excelling in the biotechnology field.
- Resource tables for industry sponsors, manufacturing institutes, and ATE programs.
For additional information on the summit or to register, click here.
About InnovATEBIO, the National Biotechnology Education Center: InnovATEBIO is supported by a five-year Advanced Technical Education (ATE) grant to advance biotechnology technician education nationally through cutting-edge professional training for instructors and share the best practices among community college programs, administrators, trade organizations, and industry. The Center seeks to develop a collaborative infrastructure that supports innovation and promptly addresses the needs of the biotechnology community. InnovATEBIO aims to coordinate ATE-funded biotechnology projects to identify opportunities to generate partnerships and collaborations that will accelerate innovation in biotechnology education. In addition to these efforts, it seeks to monitor and address emerging biotechnology industry and technician workforce trends.
Follow InnovATEBIO on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter at #InnovATEBIO to stay current on biotechnology education in community colleges. Tag your posts with #EnvisioningBioscience for the Envisioning the Next Bioscience Workforce Summit.