Lonza Upgrades MODA-ES® Module for Enhanced Electronic Batch Record Execution
- The MODA-ES® Module v4.0 is an electronic batch record solution that helps pharmaceutical customers to expedite batch release by minimizing paper-based processes
- The improved module has a number of new features to simplify processes, materials and item management, as well as enhance approvals, data tracking and connectivity
- The updates represent the latest step in Lonza’s continual investment in the MODA® Platform, offering more ways to streamline data capture and minimize errors during manufacturing
Basel, Switzerland, 7 September 2023 – Lonza has released the MODA-ES® Module v4.0, an upgrade to its electronic batch record (EBR) module that enhances user experience and simplifies integration to expedite product release. The module represents the latest update to the MODA-ES® Electronic Batch Record Execution Platform, which supports pharmaceutical companies in replacing paper-based processes with EBRs in the lab and on the production floor.
The new and improved module is designed to simplify processes, materials and item management, and to enhance batch tracking, approvals and external connectivity. It offers customers an increased range of tools and functionality to streamline data capture and prevent errors, enabling quicker delivery of medicines to the market.
As an end-to-end contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), Lonza is well-placed to identify key batch record issues facing manufacturers today. Such challenges include the need to streamline communications between manufacturing and quality control (QC) teams, and to minimize errors in paper-based records. The MODA-ES® Module v4.0 addresses these challenges with an affordable, user-friendly, easy-to-deploy, and highly configurable EBR system. It can enable users to eliminate labor-intensive paper-based processes, helping to reduce errors, improve data integrity, accelerate review and approvals, and ultimately expedite product release.
The upgraded module builds on the strengths of the existing MODA-ES® Module, with new features including:
- Robust weighing and dispensing capabilities for greater ease and precision
- Enhanced materials management for greater simplicity and accuracy
- Improved user interface for seamless and intuitive browsing
- Audit trail enhancements for deeper data contextualization and at-a-glance updates
Robert Lutskus, Director of Informatics Operations, Bioscience, Lonza, commented: “We continue to invest in the MODA-ES® Module, delivering ever more powerful functionality to streamline the path to digitalized manufacturing and expedite product release for our customers. With the launch of the MODA-ES® Module v4.0, users also gain access to exceptional implementation support from our renowned team of experts in order to get up and running as quickly and seamlessly as possible.”
To find out more about the new MODA-ES® Module V4.0, please visit:
Certain matters discussed in this media advisory may constitute forward-looking statements. These statements are based on current expectations and estimates of Lonza Group Ltd, although Lonza Group Ltd can give no assurance that these expectations and estimates will be achieved. Investors are cautioned that all forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainty and are qualified in their entirety. The actual results may differ materially in the future from the forward-looking statements included in this media advisory due to various factors. Furthermore, except as otherwise required by law, Lonza Group Ltd disclaims any intention or obligation to update the statements contained in this media advisory. All trademarks belong to Lonza, and are registered in USA, EU or CH or belong to third party owners and are used only for informational purposes.